Robert D. Sloman Primary School
MARSHALL COUNTY SCHOOL
VISION, BELIEFS, AND GOALS
The vision of the Marshall County School System is to utilize collaborative stakeholder support to provide a safe
learning environment that enables all students to become respectful, responsible, and resourceful lifelong learners and citizens.
The Marshall County School System holds the following beliefs:
* God gives meaning and purpose to life
* Each person is entitled to respect and dignity
* Education is vital to a successful life
* Everyone can learn
* High expectations increase learning and performance
* A safe environment supports learning
* Learning is a collaborative, cooperative process
* An effective school system demands a shared responsibility between stakeholders
* Honest, respectful communication is the essence of community
* The commitment to continuous improvement enables students to become respectful,responsible, and resourceful lifelong learners.
The Marshall County School System believes that the following goals are attainable, desirable, and will positively affect the lives of our students:
- Marshall County students will meet all annual yearly progress goals as defined by the Alabama State Department of Education, and the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
- Recruit, hire, and retain the most effective personnel (highly qualified) with a deep understanding of differentiated instruction and supported by an outstanding performance evaluation and professional learning program.
- Ensure that curricular design, instructional strategies, and learning environments integrate appropriate technologies to maximize learning and teaching.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with parents, students, community, and school personnel in order to promote involvement from all stakeholders.
- Provide a learning environment that recognizes diversity, encourages respect for all persons and property, and is safe, orderly and free of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
Due to the age of our students, we have condensed our mission, beliefs, and goals into a pledge that we say each
morning as a reminder for our students to remember to base all decisions throughout their lifetimes
on respectfulness, responsibility, and resourcefulness.
The purpose of our program is to provide parents with a safe, enriching environment in which the children may receive supervised care after school for a designated time. The program will enrich and enhance the regular school curriculum. Extended Day is designed to partner between school and parents to benefit children emotionally, socially, and academically.